Monday, November 28, 2016

A Time For Thanks



My family and I have always been very close and have quite a few 'family dinners' throughout the year.  So celebrating Thanksgiving this time around was a little different since we moved.  But, we were blessed to be able to spend time with both of our families only a day apart!  Sometimes I have to remind myself that change isn't always a bad thing.  ;)

Because of this we were able to enjoy double the amount of delicious food & belly laughs (these blow up body bubbles were hysterical!!  The kiddos loved them),
Jaycen & Malina


Big brother & Michael
hugs & kisses and time for reflection.  


Uncle Kevin & Jonny
Karha Jane
My sister Ashleigh, Jonny & I.




Kevin and I truly do have a lot to be thankful for.  We have wonderful friends and family that have helped us out immensely these last few months with packing, moving, unpacking, visiting, cooking and job references.  We have a roof over our heads thanks to his brother Kenny, food in our cabinets, good health & an abundance of love.  I am especially blessed to have such a strong and supportive husband walking beside me through these adventures.  The world is chaotic and there is a lot of hate among us, however I find peace and happiness in knowing that my life is full of so many wonderful moments , big and small.

With that being said, I encourage you to slow down this next month.  It's hard to believe Christmas is just around the corner and then the beginning of a new year!  Find time to enjoy the little things.  Stepping outside for a fresh breath of air (even if it is cold out!), making that phone call that's been put off, meeting that special someone for coffee or lunch, or even putting down the cell phones/tablets/laptops etc. to enjoy an evening or to watch a movie.  Life is short and it's gone in the blink of an eye. 



This & That

  • The Southern hospitality here is alive & true!  Even the DMV is nicer than back home! haha  Although we did have to drive an hour (Cookville) and they are only open M-Fri. 8a.m. to 5p.m.  A little inconvenient, but it's done!
  • The opossums & raccoons are absolutely ridiculous right now.  Not sure if the warm weather has them all confused, but I've hit more in the last two weeks than I have my entire life!!  They can't make up their minds which way they want to run. lol
  • "Poo-cat" = Skunk  (I've heard this from my Pop too)
  • I made my first ever batch of turnip greens & they turned out pretty good.

Drumsticks used by some of the world's most famous drummers stem from TN hickory trees.  
Web Link



Doing a little front porch sittin.



Roscoe enjoying the warm weather we have had.  Shaking off the creek!


Bush's Pinto Bean Pie
Recipe Web Link

No comments:

Post a Comment